The Mother Plan – Postnatal guide and toolkit
This is an area I’m hugely passionate about and it’s also an area very frequently neglected by most mums and mums to be.
Since having Bonnie, I have dedicated a lot of love and energy towards understanding the magical but challenging time of matrescence.
‘Postnatal’, according to western medicine, is the period up to 6-8 weeks post birth. In my experience this is governed by medical needs, such as healing and breastfeeding support, rather than the long-term nourishment and support needs of a mum. To clarify, postnatal/postpartum are often used interchangeably, but both describe the period after birth full stop. As a mum we are always postpartum.
The fourth trimester (your first three months post birth) is a crucial window of opportunity to recover, restore, replenish and rebalance physically, spiritually and emotionally and set you off on a successful journey into motherhood. That is why I have created ‘The Mother Plan’ – a support package, where I will help you create your own guide so you can start off on your mothehood journey feeling, informed, empowered, inspired and more confident.
Who is this package for? Expectant mums – preconception, first, second or third trimester of pregnancy.
What does it include? 1 x Initial consultation to get to know you (1hr), 2 x planning sessions (1hr each) then 1hr of support to be used at your leisure, this could be when baby is born. (4hrs support in all.)
Matrescence – There are 4 key areas of a woman’s Matrescence that by having awareness of them, and by understanding how they might affect you and your transformation, could completely change your experience of motherhood.
- Change in Dynamics
- Fantasy v Reality
- Ambivalence – Push and pull of Motherhood
- Mother guilt and shame
Emotional preparation: Follows on beautifully from the 4 key areas of Matrescence
- Your beliefs and values. What’s true for you, what’s important to you and what is coming from other people
- Mental health and emotional well-being
- How to embrace the identity shift from woman to mother
- Navigating the 4th trimester – Mother moon and creating space
The Four R’s: Recover, Replenish, Restore, Re-balance
- Nutritional recommendations to support – energy, gut and immune health, hormones and metabolism
- Tips for sleep and restorative practices
- Stress management – how to manage your lifeload
- Healing interventions – to support both C-section and natural delivery methods, connective tissue healing and advice regarding muscular-skeletal recovery
- Nutritional support plan for breastfeeding
- Batch cooking advice including kitchen equipment recommendations
Building your tribe – connection and support
- How to recruit ‘Your Team’ including managing post paternity leave
- Local support networks
Please Note: I am unable to offer personalised or specific supplement/functional testing recommendations under this package, unless I take a full case history. This can be added to your package for a standard inital consulation rate of £150. Please notify me at the time of booking if this is something you are interested in.
Mums who engage with the Mother Plan Package are automatically entitled to 10% off my BeYouMum Coaching programme if they feel they need further support later on.